Sunday, October 10, 2010

Coming down from cloud nine, Engagement rings and weddings...and am I a Cougar now?

This weekend started out with...fun??  I headed to Broomfield to see a band that a friend of my friend Angie is the lead singer of.  Nothing fancy.  But I'm not sure Broomfield knew what hit it.  At least not the older suburban folks.  I forget sometimes that people exist outside of my world. 
Older men dressed in cowboy attire, older women just sitting at tables looking at us like we're weird.  Girls younger than me dressed in outfits that look like they're trying to get into Suite 200 (a club in Denver that tries to be Vegas exclusive). 
We walked into Bakers Street (the bar in Broomfield), up to the bar and walked into shots of tequila.  Yes, it was going to be that kind of night.  Yes, after my night of mainlining martinis. 
The bartender poured me double shorts of blueberry vodka and sodas.  After a few of those, getting swung around what they would call a dance floor by some dude that was trying to teach me to swing dance, jumping up with the band, sitting with the drummer on his drums and random photos with random people, I got the great idea - SHOTS.  And lets REALLY do this folks - Bartender - here is the recipe for those shots that make me run home and throw up.  Southern Comfort, Amaretto, splash of pineapple, splash of cranberry...I even got one for the cute fat girl that was standing next to me at the bar with toilet paper stuck on her shoes.  Lord knows how long that was going on...I figured she needed one.  After all, she had been standing at the bar with her friends trying to get drinks from the bartender and I walked up and got immediate attention from him. 
I turned around and was asked a question from some guy, who tapped his buddy on his shoulder.  HELLO THERE...
Now let me back up just a little bit.  My phone calls and texts from CB have already dwindled.  He texted me back once saying "howdy partner".  My phone which used to blow up on a daily basis from him is now quiet and silent.  This with seeing GC and his new girlfriend...well, lets just say Drunk Me needed some attention.
So, back to cute boy at Bakers Street.
Cute smile, broad shoulders...he plays hockey - I don't know for who.  I actually don't really care to remember - I know he told me.  I tend to forget little details because when you have to forget about the guy, the less you have to forget, I think is better.  **okay - I think I am officially jaded.
Anyway - Hockey boy asks me what my name is - I tell him.  He looks at me and says - "You live in the DU area." 
Right now as I'm writing this I'm feeling like I should make myself a bloody mary...my drinking is getting a little out of control again...
OKAY - so this random guy who I'm talking to is telling me where I live.  So I respond with a very wary "um, yes.  How do you know this?"
Turns out his friends were the guys that delivered and put together my new bedroom furniture and they left their drill at my place.  Hockey boy was the guy who came to pick up the drill from me at my house. 
Denver is turning out to be as small as Oahu.  I wondered at that moment what State to move to next. 
I met hockey boys dad and the rest of his hockey buddies.  We swapped numbers.  Turns out he is 24.  TWENTY FOUR.  That means next month I will be officially TEN years older than him. 
HOLY DEAR GOD.  Does this mean I'm a Cougar now?

The next day included a few hours at the gym - of course it was Saturday, so to avoid the possibility of running into TWO ex's that go to the closest 24 Hour Fitness, I drove 20 minutes out of the way as to not have to take the chance of running into GC or DN. 
I got a call from a friend on my way home a few hours later saying to come meet them for some pizza and drinks at Uptown Tavern.  UGH - GC's neighborhood.  However, the Georgia game was over (my anger at Georgia winning was taken out on the elliptical at the gym) and it was late in the afternoon.  He's probably hanging out with Granola anyway.
I drank beer (for some reason I have a craving for it now), had sliders, met some fun new people and mini bowled in my gray and black leopard Guess heels and my big shiny heart ring and talking on my phone. 
It was then time to get together with my friend who had recently gotten engaged in Rome.  She met me with our other friend who is moving to London in 2 weeks with her boyfriend that she's known for 6 months and Lyndee. 
As happy as I am for them, it was pretty hard sitting in the middle of them.  All three of them with their happy smiles.  Showing off their rings, talking about moving to London...

I'm coming down from my cloud nine with CB.  I think I'm just sad and lonely right now...I have no idea whats going on with me...All I know is that I really want pancakes and mimosas.  Let the drinking commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment