Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Does the "three day rule" still exist??

Last night I got the opportunity to sit 4 rows up from home plate at the Rockies/Padres game.  I've never gotten to sit in seats like this before!!  I had friends texting me that they could see us on TV for every pitch!!!  (of course I went home and turned on ESPN to see - and THERE WE WERE!!!)  You could even hear us screaming and cheering!!!  We took photos with Dinger, high-fived the ushers, pissed off the people in the UBER expensive seats - where they bring you and your children whatever your heart desires - for a premium price - by screaming and yelling and cheering so loudly that we were absolutely hoarse by the 8th inning.

Well, during the 8th inning...the Crickett Phone guy (Alex) texted me...I was kind of surprised but not giddy - I guess the thrill of those seats took center stage to anything that would get me excited...I mean HELLO - I had #7 Hottie SETH SMITH bending over right in front of me!!! 
I'm not sure how excited or what not one should get over a few texts - especially ones that were pretty "luke warm" by my judgement and not flirty at all (I've dated some pro flirters that make it KNOWN they want to hang out with you) this guy just kinda threw it out there that we should hang out sometime when I had time. 
UM - I'm calling 22 or 23 years old here and very luke warm vibes.  So - my homework for today is to text him and ask him how old he is.
I wish there was a rule book for dating...He was so exciting when I first met him and I jumped on the side cart at Tour de Fat...where is that guy that grabbed my hand and took me back to my friends and got my number??
Maybe some people are better in person??  oh who knows...but seriously - do people still follow the wait for three days before contacting rule?  What other rules are being followed that I thought no longer existed!?!?

2 comments:

  1. Honestly the rules of dating are that there are no rules. When I first met Chad and we exchanged numbers he called me that night. CALLED me. The next day he called me again and we talked for three hours. Texting, I believe is informal and for people who are insecure so they are putting out feelers to gage your level of interest. After all it's easier to ignore a phone call than an text and for the person calling it feels worse to have an unanswered phone call than a text. A guy who is interested won't wait to actually CALL you because they wouldn't want to take a chance you'd meet someone else. They'd set up a date right away instead of "whenever". I always believe though, in following your gut instinct and having fun with dating. It's like going on a job interview anytime you meet someone new.
    But DON'T over analyze. It is what it is. I once had a guy ask me out and after the date he made up a lame excuse about having to go help a friend out and patted me on the head goodbye. I texted him thanks the next day and his response, "I had a great time too. Take care." I was convinced that "take care" meant I'll never see him again and I was right. And this guy had asked ME out. So guess what I didn't obsess (ok maybe just a little) but I moved on. After all for every guy who's a flake there's another one out there who's not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the man is sincere about you, you will feel it. whether he text or call, you will be the priority on his list.

    ReplyDelete