Friday, September 24, 2010

Giddy doesn't even describe it...

A month ago if you asked me if I thought I would be deliriously happy, I would have laughed at you and said not only no, not only hell no, but I would have said Oh Hell Fuck No.
Don't get me wrong, I've been having a blast with my friends and getting pretty comfortable by myself.  I love my standing Happy Hour, loving the random "get down here" to some bar phone calls...
Then I get a random text from a guy friend, and then I agreed to be his date to a wedding.  He'd broken up with his girlfriend and I was as recently single.  Come to Crested Butte and be my date for the weekend for this wedding. 
Oh yes, there was a TON of uncertainty on my part.  A weekend with someone that I don't really know all that well at all...what if we don't get along and how am I going to get home??
I'm still in awe over this weekend...
It was a worry for nothing.  We had the most incredible weekend!!!  We laughed, we explored Crested Butte, we watched football.  He danced with me, hiked with me, was goofy with me, held my hand, was proud to stand next to me, put my shoes on for me after dancing at this wedding,
 (yes I have pictures)
bought me a new winter jacket (it wasn't him buying the jacket or that I even expected it...it was that he wanted to make me HAPPY!!!!).  At the end of our wonderful weekend, driving back to Denver, I couldn't stand the thought of him dropping me off and heading back to Texas.  Since he volunteered to drive the bride and grooms Suburban back to Texas, it was very easy to convince him to stay the night with me at my place.  Just one more night.  I don't want to let you go yet!!!  (Yes, kids, the new bed got broken in thank you!!!) I liked having him there with me.  I briefly thought of GC and sitting with him in tears telling him I couldn't imagine anyone else in my apartment with me but him...well...HAHAAHAAA!   When I couldn't sleep that night, he put my head on his chest and in the most calming voice counted backwards from 40 and held me close until I fell asleep.  WHO DOES THAT??  YES, I understand this is a rebound.  But I deserve to be THIS happy.  I deserve to know what its like to not have to tread on eggshells to be around someone.  I could kiss him in front of his friends and work colleagues if I wanted to.  I could smile at him if I wanted to...He could tell me that He loved me and asked me to marry him at least 3 times over the course of this fabulous weekend in Crested Butte (of course we were both insanely intoxicated) and of course it wasn't meant to be taken seriously and I didn't take it as anything more than words, but they made me smile.  To be with someone who wasn't damaged, wasn't scared...and words such as these could actually be SAID without the thought of them bringing on a panic attack.

How do you describe being THIS HAPPY??  There is only way to describe it is this picture:

I have no expectations for this - whatever it is.  He lives in Austin and I live in Denver.   I don't need to be thinking long term or anything of the sort, but I needed this.  I needed him.  He makes me smile.  He has called me every night to say goodnight and that he misses me.  He called me the last night and made me laugh and he said I can see you giggling right now and your shoulders shrugging as you giggle.  NO ONE has ever paid that close attention to me before.  In 3 days he knows my mannerisms.  I don't think GC could have told you I have freckles across the bridge of my nose.  CB can tell me that I shrug my shoulders when I laugh...
If this is cloud nine - I don't ever want to come down.  EVER.
How strange that I've known this man for the last 5 years of my life.  Not very well, in fact I honestly thought he didn't really like me.  Maybe we just kept "missing" each other, always had someone in our lives.  He left Hawaii for Austin 3 months before I left Hawaii for Denver.  We'd kept in a little contact over Facebook, he called occasionally when he was in town.  I almost met a girl he was dating once when he brought her out here.  Yes, he comes to Denver, quite a bit. 
I have a ticket to go to Austin next weekend.  I am giddy about going.  I am EXCITED about going...and I HATE being in Texas.  If there was one place that I avoided being at all cost, it was Texas.  THAT is how happy this man makes me. 
The only thing standing in the way of me jumping on a plane next Friday is the tropical storm in the Atlantic.  I almost cried with frustration last night...it figures.  I get a ticket and I look forward to going to the one place I hate the most and there is a possible hurricane hitting...
ARGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment