Thursday, September 30, 2010

I wish I could live "now" forever...

I really do wish I could live life now as it is forever.  I know that won't ever happen, but right now, this moment in time, the last two weeks have been probably some of the happiest days I can remember since I moved to Colorado.
I feel as though I have my feet planted, thoughts are not so scattered, I smile, started working out again...AND...I climbed my second 14er. 

(Note the date is from someone else - I just borrowed a sign left in the box - the date of this photo is actually September 26, 2010)
Length: Approx. 8.75 miles roundtrip, Highlights: Highest Peak in Colorado, Great views of Leadville, Twin lakes, Mt. Massive and the intrinsic satisfaction derived from standing on the second highest point in the continental U.S. Elevation Gain: Approx. 4,700 ft. - information from Summit County Explorer.

Yessiree Bob!!! Over 8 hours of hiking up and up and up...Not so much of a life changing or altering experience this time, it was just an overall STELLAR experience.  Of course I give that up to the company I was with.  There were no tears, not a minute of hypervenalating, not a moment of dispair.  Don't get me wrong, it was a killer of a hike, I still cannot breathe that well in higher elevations and the last 600 feet was excruciating - We hiked up over 4,000 feet!!!
This was my hiking crew from L to R Me, CM (besties hubby),Nat (BESTIE),SW(this was her first 14er and she rocked it),MD,Anna & ND. 

MD was my hiking buddy for 90% of the trip up - I'm sorry to say, but i'm kinda glad she had a lot to drink over the weekend so I had someone take up the rear behind me...Nat was upfront most of the way with her INSANELY packed backpack - overloaded with snacks, water and gear and I think she may have packed half the house in there too...She called it training for Everest...I don't doubt she will either...
I sang during some parts of the hike, smiled almost the entire trip, even ran down a little bit of the mountain...
We almost got lost in the woods coming back - my biggest fear, but with CM bushwacking through and a crazy log river crossing we made it back to the car.  Everyone tired, happy and really hating shoes at this point.
It took me two days to get to where I could walk almost normally again.  I have never in my life ever felt pain like that in my life.  I went to a Rockies game on Monday night and almost cried trying to get down the stairs at Coors Field. 

So now, life is just anxiously waiting to board that plane to Austin on Friday...we'll see if these stupid damned storms keep me away from making life 100 % perfect....


No comments:

Post a Comment